Airtrain Citylink Limited (ACN 066 543 315) ("we" or "Airtrain") is bound by the Privacy Act, and is committed to the protection of your personal information. This Privacy Statement sets out the principles we will adopt in the collection and management of your personal information.
1. Your personal information
Personal information generally means information or an opinion about a person who can be identified from that information or opinion. The type of information Airtrain may collect from you, including from our website (www.airtrain.com.au), will depend on your relationship to Airtrain and the type of Airtrain service you purchase (for example, we will collect different information from a travel agent registering on this site compared to someone buying a single Airtrain ticket).
We may also collect information connected with your use of our website (for example, your IP address, your preferences when you use our website, or areas of the website you often use). We may collect this information by placing a cookie on your computer. A cookie is a small text file. If you do not want us to store cookies on your computer, you can configure your computer to disable this functionality.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us (for example, your hotel information if you are purchasing an Airtrain service that involves a pick-up), we may not be able to provide you the service you want to purchase.
If you provide us personal information about someone else, we rely on you to inform that person that you have provided Airtrain their personal information and to advise them of the location of this Privacy Statement (i.e. www.airtrain.com.au).
2. Use of your personal information
As a general rule, we will only use the personal information we collect about you for:
- the purpose for which you provided it to us (for example, to help us verify you when you logon to our website, or to help us collect you from the airport), or
- other purposes for which you would reasonably expect us to use the information (for example, to research and develop new and improved Airtrain services).
We will only use your personal information to send you marketing material:
- via email if tell us want to receive it (i.e. opt-in);
- via post if you have not told us you don't want to receive it (i.e. opt-out); or
- if you otherwise request it.
If Airtrain sends you marketing material, and you do not want to receive our marketing material, please write to us at PO Box 66, Pinkenba, Brisbane QLD 4008, call us on +61 7 3216 3308 or use the "unsubscribe" facility on our marketing emails (in the case of emailed material).
3. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties who we contract to provide an Airtrain service you purchase from us, but only to the extent reasonably required for them to provide that service (for example, to someone who we engage to pick you up from your hotel);
- third parties who provide complementary services and whose use of the information might reasonably improve airport-transport services available to you;
- credit-reporting agencies for credit-related purposes such as credit-worthiness checking (if you buy tickets from us on credit);
- government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; or
- other parties with your consent.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party to whom we disclose your personal information is bound by privacy obligations in relation to that information.
4. Access, security and accuracy
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect from you is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access or modification, and is accurate and up-to-date.
Subject to some exceptions allowed by law, you have a right to access the personal information we collect and store about you. We encourage you to request access to that personal information, and to let us know if there are any errors in that information.
To do this, please write to us at PO Box 66, Pinkenba, Brisbane QLD 4008, and include your full name, address, date of birth and signature. If there is a charge for providing access to your personal information, we will tell you about that charge before we proceed with your request.
5. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time, but will give you 20 days notice of each such change by posting notice of the change to our website.
Last updated: December 2005