10 Incredible Places to Dine on the Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is known for sun, surf, and sand – and that’s enough excitement to make anyone feel a bit peckish. Thankfully, the Coast is also home to a wide range of dining options to keep those cravings at bay.
Whether you’re in the mood for fine dining, market fare, or just a really good takeaway – here are some of the best places to dine on the Gold Coast.
Places to Dine
- The Island Rooftop is the Gold Coast’s largest open air rooftop bar. Overlooking the CBD and beautiful Main Beach, it’s the perfect place to sip in style. Aperol are hosting a “Summer of Spritz” on the rooftop throughout February, but the food and drinks are worth stopping in at any time of the year.
- Live music, international cuisine, and buzzing atmosphere – you’ve got to try the Miami Marketta. With street food and local talent performing live, you can hit up the Marketta on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 5pm – late.
- Every Saturday from 7am – 12pm, discover the open secret of Gold Coast foodies. The Marina Mirage Farmer’s Markets are definitely worth an early start to the day. From freshly picked farm produce to artisan baking, you can meet the farmers and producers while sampling the freshest food in town.
- Burleigh Pavilion has breathtaking views over the beautiful beach to complement the excellent dining. Head to the bar for drinks and delicious bar bites, or visit The Tropic at the northern end – a full-service restaurant with a mouth-watering menu.
- It could be the only time we find ourselves recommending you try the bugs – but the Moreton Bay Bug Roll at Rick Shores is a local favourite, and it’s not hard to see why. They have a patio menu of Pan-Asian goodness available for walk-ins, or treat yourself and book in for the delectable set menu.
- After some flaky pastries, delicious breakfast, or insta-worthy lunch? Tarte Bakery & Café host walk-in customers with food to remember. The coffee alone is well worth stopping in.
- Any beachside Surf Club is worth stopping in – with a relaxed atmosphere, bar food, a few drinks, and maybe a chance to try your luck with plenty of gaming options. Mermaid Beach Surf Club, Southport Surf Life Saving Club and Kurrawa Surf Club get honourable mentions for their fantastic locations. You’ll need ID to sign in as a guest, and don’t forget to check out the specials.
- Showcasing fresh, seasonal, Australian produce – Labart will take you on a culinary adventure. Serving lunch from Friday to Sunday, and dinner from Wednesday to Saturday, be sure to book in.
- The North Room offers an intimate dining experience with incredible food. Offering only two seatings per day, only three days a week, for a maximum of 16 people – you’ll feel like one of the elite as you enjoy a meal off the ever-changing line-up of seasonally-based food, or partake in the five-course tasting menu.
- If you can’t decide what to eat – head to The Collective Palm Beach and have it all. Choose from Italian, Pan-Asian, Mexican, Greek, or diner-style burgers. The dining space seats 300 with Covid-safe precautions, and there’s a bar for some great beverages to go with all the good food. The Collective also offer takeaway and delivery.
The Airtrain leaves the Brisbane Airport every 15 minutes in peak times, and can take you all the way to Helensvale in comfort and on time. From there, heading to the Gold Coast is a simple change onto the G:link tram, which arrives every 7.5 minutes in peak times. You’ll only need the one ticket to get all the way from the airport to your Gold Coast destination.
Once you have arrived, you can use a smart card for travel, or you can purchase a paper ticket. Visitors should check out the go seeQ card, which allows you unlimited travel for 3 or 5 consecutive days on buses, trains, ferries, and trams. It also includes 2 Airtrain journeys to/from the Brisbane Airport. The go explore smartcard allows you travel in the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast for up to 8 days, but you don’t have to use them consecutively.
You can easily get around with a go card – just touch on at your station of departure and touch off when you arrive at your destination. The go card is accepted on all TransLink transport throughout Greater Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
To purchase your smartcards or to find out more, head to the nearest Airtrain counter. You’ll be able to purchase tickets for travel, attractions, and events around South East Queensland.
Dine on the Gold Coast
More than just the richly beautiful scenery, the Gold Coast is a paradise for foodies as well. There are so many culinary adventures to be had, to go along with all the other adventures that the Gold Coast has in store.
If you’re heading to the Gold Coast, choose the best way to get there on time and in comfort. Start your journey well – travel with Airtrain.