The Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) is the largest gallery of modern and contemporary art in Australia. It is also host to the Asia-Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art jointly with the Queensland Art Gallery. GOMA and the Queensland Art Gallery are located closely in the South Bank Cultural Precinct which also includes the Queensland Performance Arts Centre (QPAC), Queensland Museum and Sciencentre.
GOMA is also close to the South Bank Parklands which is home to Streets Beach, the River Quay, walking tracks, children’s playgrounds, an array of eateries, a year-round calendar of events and the Brisbane sign.
Directions from South Brisbane Station:
- Exit South Brisbane Station and turn left onto Grey Street.
- Cross the road straight at the traffic lights.
- Walk 200m north on Grey St.
- Cross the road to the right at the traffic lights and walk 50m to enter the pedestrian area.
- The entrance to GOMA is 100m to your left.