We’re living in unprecedented times, but Airtrain are committed to keeping you on the move – with a few important upgrades to help you stay safe as you travel. We’re working to reduce your risk, and staying flexible to accommodate the potential for travel plans to change so you don’t have to worry about paying for a ticket you won’t get to use.
Here’s how Airtrain is helping you travel with peace of mind.
There might be fewer flights arriving and departing from our shores, but Airtrain haven’t eased off on providing on-time services to people travelling from the Brisbane CBD, the Airport and the Gold Coast – and all the places in between.
Airtrain is open with the normal timetable for both the Domestic and International Terminals, with trains leaving every 15 minutes during peak times.
Clean Practising Business Accreditation.
Airtrain are a COVID Clean Practising Business. While our commitment to helping our guests travel in comfort has always been a driving force behind keeping our carriages and platforms to an exemplary standard of cleanliness, the pandemic has meant that the highest standards of hygiene and social distancing have become vital.
Airtrain is an accredited COVID Clean Practicing Business and is following all the practices and guidelines of this accreditation, including increased cleaning and supporting customers to keep their distance and stay safe.
Cancellation and Refund Policy.
There’s no need to hold off on purchasing your ticket. Airtrain is giving full refunds to customers wanting to cancel their ticket, in light of the many reasons that travel plans might change in these times.
To receive a refund you must notify Airtrain before the original date of travel. There will be no refund on a return ticket if the forward journey has commenced, or if a refund is requested on or after date of travel, so it’s important that you’re familiar with the full terms and conditions before you travel.
Additional Health and Safety.
In light of our aim to keep customers safe, as well as the guidelines issued by the Queensland Government we have implemented additional health and safety measures to keep our environment even more safe and hygienic.
Some of the measures include:
- Increased cleaning of hard surfaces and key customer touchpoints.
- Increased the number of staff cleaning at Brisbane Airport Stations.
- Airtrain stations are being fogging sanitised (similar to steam cleaning with sanitisation) frequently.
- Inside trains have had surface cleaning increased.
- Queensland Rail is spraying the inside of units with an odourless disinfectant.
- Daily cleaning across all South East Queensland public transport has increased.
- Queensland Rail has tripled the number of staff focused on cleaning high traffic stations in peak times, boosted regular cleaning measures, and begun a new disinfecting process.
- Across the translink network and at the Airtrain stations we are promoting cashless payments (pre-paid tickets and go card) to reduce cash handling.
- translink has introduced a COVID-safe public transport plan that outlines the measures in place to ensure the health and safety of customers and transport staff when travelling on public transport.
With all the measures we put into place to keep our customers protected, we still can’t do it without you. As our guests, we encourage you to keep putting into place the health measures suggested by the WHO and the Australian government.
At Airtrain, we’re encouraging guests to:
- Leave a gap. Keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people reduces the chance of airborne transmission. You’ll especially need to remember to maintain the gap when you’re waiting at a stop or platform, as you enter the vehicle and when you choose your seating.
- Practice good personal hygiene. Personal hygiene is always important, but it’s even more vital in these times. Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and water, using hand sanitiser only when soap and water is not available. Avoid touching your hands, nose and mouth to reduce the chances of transferring germs.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene. We all need to sneeze and cough from time to time, but remember to use your bent elbow or a tissue to cover your face. Consider wearing a mask to protect yourself and other people. Above all, if you’re feeling unwell – stay home.
- Download the COVIDSafe App. The COVIDSafe App speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps the Australian Government support and protect you, your friends, and your family.
Safe Travels with Airtrain
We are closely following the official advice from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation on the public health response to the coronavirus outbreak. Meanwhile, we’re working hard to ensure your travel with us is safe, convenient and flexible, getting you to your destination on time and in comfort.