Posted in General
Play the Day Away on the Gold Coast
It’s past time to play! We can now all give in to the temptation to get out into the fresh air, and experience everything the Gold Coast has to offer. There’s the perfect sand, the incredible ocean, beautiful bushlands, and unlimited opportunities to explore and discover. The Gold Coast is the perfect place for families, couples, or just a getaway on your own. Get out of the day-to-day mundane, and live each exciting moment.
Here are some of our top suggestions on how you can play the day away on the Gold Coast.
Love the beach? The Gold Coast has some world-renowned destinations. Love the bushland? We’ve got that too. No matter how you like to get out and about, you can find exciting options to suit any mood or budget.
- The Q1 is a great place to start – take the lift all the way to the top, and choose your adventure. Spend time looking out at the skyline, dine in the clouds with some of the best views on the Gold Coast, or take it to the next level and complete a thrilling descent with Australia’s highest building climb.
- Get flying – indoors! iFly lets you experience what it’s like to soar, supported only by the updrafts of the massive fans in the floor. Or sky dive for real! There are a number of companies offering the most exhilarating views as you jump out of a plane and rush down to the golden beaches.
- Head to O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat. The perfect mix of luxury and adventure, you can stay in the breathtaking resort and take part in the many outdoor experiences on offer. Explore the walking tracks and waterfalls, join the ebike tour, or get into the treetops for the Rainforest Canopy Tree Top Walk.
- If you’re a seasoned surfer, there’s no better place to be. If you’re keen to learn, there’s space for you too! Head to Go Ride a Wave to book your lessons,
- Get out on the waves and get that rush of adrenaline with a jet boat tour.
The Gold Coast has opulence and luxury to spare. Along with just lying on the golden sands, there are so many things to see and do. If your style of play involves a whole lot of indulgence mixed with some extravagant relaxation, the Gold Coast is the place to be.
- What luxury getaway would be complete without a trip to the spa? You can’t go past the Endota Spa, with a range of treatment and massage packages.
- Get out on the water in the ultimate style. With these luxury yacht charters, you can experience life on the Gold Coast in true style.
- For a more intimate experience, get on board a romantic gondola. Relaxing, romantic, and truly beautiful.
- Treat yourself to some retail therapy, with the Gold Coast’s leading shopping destinations.
Love to travel? Knock some key travel destinations off your list with some of the amazing areas in the Gold Coast. Make memories and bring those photos home as you check off one of the most sought-after destinations on that all-important bucket list.
- No trip to the Gold Coast would be complete without a photo beneath the Surfers Paradise arch. Then, walk the strip along the beach or head straight onto the sand to experience one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Visit ancient rainforests and explore the natural wonders hidden in the Gold Coast bushland. The national parks can be experienced independently or as part of a tour, and are an incredible way to immerse yourself in pristine nature.
- For a travel experience to remember, head to the Gold Coast’s many theme parks. Adrenaline, fun, wild-life, and adventure – fill your days with excitement at one (or all!) of the exciting options.
- Get up close and personal with Australian wildlife at the Currumbin Bird Sanctuary. Begin your day with wild lorikeet feeding, as the colourful, cheeky birds perch on your head, arms, shoulders – and on the food trays. Then enter the park and experience the hectares of bushland devoted to the wildlife displays.
- Jump on the iconic Quack’R’Duck for an amphibious tour of water and land in the iconic duck-shaped vehicle.
Take your family on a trip to remember, and you can all play the day away on the Gold Coast. Fishing, playgrounds, swimming, and more – beat the boredom and head to the premium place to be for families.
- The Broadwater Parklands have kid-friendly splash pools for your kids to play. Walk along the water and you’ll end up at one of the best playgrounds for your kids to remember. It’s easy to spend the day with the many attractions you’ll find stretched along the Broadwater.
- Explore like the locals and visit the Currumbin Rock Pools. A natural sanctuary to swim, explore, and discover wildlife away from the crashing waves, let your kids roam, learn, and play.
- Visit ArtVo, with the massive murals that contain incredible optical illusions. Let your kids explore with cameras at the ready to capture their expressions of awe and delight.
- Challenge their senses and ignite their imagination with Infinity GC. You’ll find a wide range of hands-on exhibits and mind-bending illusions through the maze-like display.
- The Gold Coast Council puts on free events for kids throughout the year, in various locations around the area. The open air movies, craft, and classes are popular options for locals and visitors alike. Check out the Brisbane Kids page for more recommendations.
The Airtrain leaves the Brisbane Airport every 15 minutes in peak times, and can take you all the way to Helensvale in comfort and on time. From there, heading to the Gold Coast is a simple change onto the G:link tram, which arrives every 7.5 minutes in peak times. You’ll only need the one ticket to get all the way from the airport to your Gold Coast destination. You can also check out our premium service with AirtrainConnect, which will pick you up and deliver you right to your destination.
Once you have arrived, you can use a smart card for travel, or you can purchase a paper ticket. Visitors should check out the go seeQ card. It allows you unlimited travel for 3 or 5 consecutive days on buses, trains, ferries, and trams. It also includes 2 Airtrain journeys to/from the Brisbane Airport. The go explore smartcard allows you travel in the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast for up to 8 days, but you don’t have to use them consecutively.
You can easily get around with a go card – just touch on at your station of departure and touch off when you arrive at your destination. The go card is accepted on all TransLink transport throughout Greater Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
To purchase your smartcards or to find out more, head to the nearest Airtrain counter. You’ll be able to purchase tickets for travel, attractions, and events around South East Queensland.
Play the Day Away on the Gold Coast
Whether it’s a luxury getaway, a touristy trip, an adrenaline-fuelled adventure, or family fun, you’ll find what you’re looking for on the Gold Coast. The breathtakingly beautiful natural setting is home to experiences and adventures galore, so you can see the sights and make unforgettable memories.
Airtrain will get you from the Brisbane Airport to your destination, on time and in comfort. No matter your favourite way to play, you’ll find it on the Gold Coast.